Language is the best mode to communicate. Language includes- reading, writing, listening, speaking and body language. The children who suffer from any Speech Disorder generally have a very low self-esteem. They feel they are unwanted in the society. When they lag in anyway with regards to their peers, they feel inferior. Sometimes, they get bullied or laughed at by others which make a very bad impact on their mental status. Speaking properly is extremely important for academics and learning. Children lacking in proper speaking ability show poor performances in comparison to others. They might struggle to read, to understand language and to speak.
According to a Psychologist, Self – Esteem is a mixture of the following:
Self-esteem is different from self-confidence and self-efficacy. As they both involves your ability and performance. Building your self-esteem is the foundation to be happy and a better life. Low self-esteem limits your capacity to live a lively life, builds insecurity and even depression at times. The following tips may help in building self-esteem:
- Avoid any thoughts about failure.
- Avoid making mistakes already done in the past. Learn from your failure, don’t get sad.
- Try to be assertive by asking for what you want.
- Be happy at your little successes but do not boast.
- Clear any doubts coming in mind about any situation.
- Do not get sad or feel defeated at your one failure, because life will provide you with many chances.
- Make direct eye contact with people while talking.
- Appreciate something you really like.
- Do not avoid any chnace to display your affection and care for others.
- Always be honest to accept how you are.
- If required, go for writing your thoughts and feeling in Diary.
Boosting the self-Esteem in you child is extremely important. Parents may follow the below mentioned tips to help their child get more self-confident:
- Talk to your child about his failures and successes.
- Make your child feel special.
- Try putting a notion into his head that ‘He can do it, he is he best.
- Teach him to learn from his failures and take his success as a path to be successful.
- Check what makes him happy and pay more attention to it.
- Allow him to do things he is most interested to do.
- Teach him to practise more and more to be an expert.