What is Cerebral Palsy Disorder?
Cerebral Palsy is a term which represents a pile of disorders that affect the movements in the body along with the balance and the posture. Cerebral palsy can be explained as a brain paralysis.
The condition of Cerebral Palsy is caused due to the improper development of the brain and also due to the severe damage on the parts of the brain that control the motor activities and the muscle tone of the person. these injuries caused on the parts of the brain can cause damage to the normal functioning of the movements of the body.
People affected by the Cerebral Palsy disorder may find it really slow in reaching the developing stages of their life such as walking, crawling, sitting and rolling over.
What is mostly common in individuals suffering from Cerebral Palsy is the inability in controlling and coordinating the muscles. This often leads to a state where even the simplest of the movements are hard to perform.
Let us look into some of the symptoms of Cerebral Palsy:
- Persons suffering from cerebral palsy may experience stiffness in the muscles and improper posture and balance of the body.
- They can experience difficulty in swallowing, walking and also have uncontrolled movements of the muscles.
- There may be signs of mental retardation and learning disability.
- They can experience signs of seizures and difficulty in breathing.
- Cerebral palsy may lead to skeletal deformities.
- There can be problems related to the bowel control movements and digestion.
- People with cerebral palsy can also experience problems in vision and also hearing.
- The severity of these symptoms can vary from being mild to being highly profound.The severity of these symptoms may wane but they do not get any worse.
By giving proper therapy along with support from the family can help a person in recovering into a better state of health.