What are the Types of Speech Therapy Disorders?
How many of you know about the types of speech therapy disorders? Speech therapy disorders or impairments occur due to various factors and reasons. These factors help in combining into a specific disorder.
- Here is a list of the various types of Speech Therapy Disorders:
Here are a list of reasons for the cause of Speech Therapy Disorders:
The reasons for the development of speech therapy disorders vary from injuries to malfunctioning in the brain. The reasons of speech therapy disorders are as follows:
- It can be caused due to hearing loss.
- It can be caused due to the genetic disorders.
- Drug abuse or alcohol abuse can cause a disorder in speech.
- Speech disorders can also be related to abnormal neurological conditioning.
- Speech disorders are caused due to brain injury.
- Mental illness also causes speech impairment.
How to treat speech disorders?
The disorders in speech can be cured by the process of speech therapy. Here the speech therapist or the pathologist assigns the individual with some tasks and activities that help the person to improve the quality of his/her speech.
However, most of the speech disorders occur in the early childhood leaving the kids with lot of humiliation and poor self-confidence. It is at this point of time that the children are in the most vulnerable phase of their lives. The most important of all factors is the constant love and support from the family members.
By giving the kids proper guidance and support most of the defects in the speech can easily be transcended. The two most important factors would be in choosing the right the therapist and the constant motivation given by the family members.
These things can bring back the confidence in a child.